If you had to pick one thing that you know most RVers are really, really good at, its eating! And who can blame us. Not only does the RV lifestyle give us the opportunity to take time to cook up some great food, it also gives us plenty of opportunities to taste the favorites of our camping neighbors and exchange recipes.
Speaking of great recipes (you knew there had to be some kind of tie in didn’t you!), we wanted to congratulate one of our White Horse RV salesmen, Dave Munyan, whose burger recipe is currently featured on Wingtime.com as a Recipe of the Month. Be sure to check out Wingtime.com more fantastic, spicy ideas, but for now, here’s Dave’s delicious creation:
2 lbs. ground chicken
1/4 c. Wing-Time Medium
1/2 c. Wing-Time Garlic
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz. blue cheese
whole grain buns
- Mix chicken with Wing-Time Medium, 1/4 cup Wing-Time Garlic and Parmesan cheese; add enough bread crumbs to bind mixture together. Form into patties; it’s best to make patties well before cooking and refrigerate them until ready to grill.
- Lightly toast buns on grill. Set aside.
- Grill burgers on one side over medium heat, being careful not to burn, for about 10 minutes (depending on the size of the patties). You cannot over-cook ground chicken, only burn it!
- Flip the burgers; pour on some Wing-Time Garlic. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top and grill for 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve on a toasted whole grain burger bun with lettuce and more Wing-Time!
As you can imagine, there are literally thousands of recipes out there, many of them specifically for RVers. Here are just two links we found that have a big variety of ideas for you to try.
Be sure to stop back and leave your comments on
what you liked or didn’t like so much!
Fortunately, all these extra calories are often easily burned off since another huge benefit of RVing is all the fantastic activities we get to be involved in. Now that’s what I call a good balance!
Until next time, Happy RVing!