This Fourth of July, many people around the country will tune into network TV and see star-studded celebrations taking place in New York, Washington, and Boston. We may be a little biased, being located just 25 minutes from Philadelphia, but every year Philadelphia puts on a week-long celebration that is second to none. And why not. Philadelphia is the birthplace of America!
This year, why not experience this celebration first hand by getting in your RV, finding a nearby campground, and visiting Philadelphia to take part in the activities that interest you? Some of the highlights of the Wawa Welcome America Philadelphia celebration includes:
- Wawa Hoagie Day, followed by a special screening of the movie Rocky at the Philadelphia Museum of Art on June 30th.
- A Screening Under the Stars of Avatar takes place on July 1st at Penn’s Landing.
- Peter Nero and the Philly Pops will perform on July 2nd at Independence Hall.
- All you can eat ice cream, fireworks, and more from the Philadelphia Orchestra on July 3rd at Penn’s Landing.
- And a fully packed day of activities on July 4th starting with the Celebration of Freedom ceremony in the morning and ending with a Concert on the Parkway; this year featuring the Goo Goo Dolls, The Roots, Chrisette Michele and Chuck Brown followed by more fireworks!
- While you’re there, don’t forget the “must see” attractions like the Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Museum of Art and much more!
To find a nearby campground, try GoCampingAmerica or your favorite campground search site. Whatever you decide to do Independence Day weekend, have a very fun and safe celebration.
Until next time, Happy RVing!