We are excited to begin this new addition to our White Horse RV blog
which will be devoted to some of our favorite campers..
In this first edition we have some fun “cooking” activities you can enjoy together at home, or on the road to help you celebrate the holidays during your travels. These easy treat recipes will help keep things festive!
1 large bag microwave popcorn (unbuttered)
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries, sweetened)
- Pop popcorn in microwave following instructions on bag.
- Melt white chocolate by cooking on high in microwave for 20 seconds, stir, then about 20 more seconds.
- Empty popcorn into a large bowl. Add pistachio nuts and craisins and stir. Pour melted white chocolate into the popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
- Take out a muffin pan and line with pretty muffin cups (you can buy Christmas ones for Christmas).
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups. Place in the fridge and leave for 1 hour.
Holiday Wreaths—Easy to make anytime!
1/2 cup butter
1 package marshmallows
6 cups Corn flakes cereal
Green food color
Red cinnamon candies
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Then add marshmallows, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows melt. The mixture should get nice and gooey. Remove from stove and add corn flakes. Add a few drops of food coloring and stir until well mixed.
- Very quickly make into round wreath shapes on wax paper. If it’s too sticky rub hands with butter. Place red cinnamon candies around the wreaths.
LOL! Holiday Edition
Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Q: Why is it cold on Christmas?
A: Because it’s in Decembrrrrrrrrr!
Q: What is a parent’s favorite holiday song?
A: Silent Night.
Q.What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
A. Frosted Flakes
Q.What kind of bird can write?
A. A Pen-guin
Hope you’ve enjoyed our first crack at Kids Corner! Feel free to leave suggestions on topics you’d like to see covered in the comments field below. Look for more Kids Corners in the upcoming months.
Until next time… Happy RVing!
- Easy Christmas Cake Recipe (mademan.com)
- Big Girls, Small Kitchen: A Spoonful of Chocolate Makes the Holidays Go Down (huffingtonpost.com)
- 5 Healthy Christmas Treats (mademan.com)
- Recipe Finder:Old-school cookies (commercialappeal.com)